Program Director – Homewood Health
Program Director – Addiction Medicine Services
Homewood Health™ is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada’s largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
We are looking for an innovative, passionate and results-driven individual to provide leadership and clinical expertise as our Program Director for our Addictions Medicine Services Team. Come join us here at the Homewood Health Centre in Guelph! You’re a great fit, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about innovation, foster collaboration, and are committed to service excellence.
What the job entails:
- Providing guidance, strategic direction and support in addictions and Mental Health issues and trends to the Senior Director of Operations.
- Direct the development and evaluation of all phases of the treatment programs based on the best practice standards, quality indicators and Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives in the planning and implementation of the program.
- Consult and collaborate with program clinicians regarding program development and patient care including identifying the clinical needs of the target population and support in the planning and implementation of the program.
- Ensure program criteria, descriptions, goals/objectives, documentation and communication components are established and maintained.
- Implements and innovates mechanisms to ensure compliance with accreditation standards.
- Act as a point of contact for all program intervention with other clinical programs within the program, the hospital and community.
- Facilitate the implementation of new policies and procedures related to team members and patient care.
- Participate in hospital and service committees/ad hoc teams (e.g. root cause, special projects/task forces) where required and requested.
- Assess the therapeutic environment of patient areas and implement the necessary responses to rapidly changing patient needs.
- Monitor and evaluate responses to stakeholders to ensure that the program is responsive to identified needs of the target population.
- Active participant in cross-departmental meetings at the senior-management level.
What we are looking for:
- A strong, passionate and influential leader with extensive experience in the field of addictions
- 10 + years of clinical and quality improvement experience including 3 years in a management role (both union and non-union staff)
- PhD Psychology preferred or advanced degree with a specialty in Addictions.
- Expert-knowledge in program development, administrative principles and evaluation techniques related to Addiction
- Excellent community-building, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and function effectively in a demanding and challenging environment
- Excellent knowledge of Mental Health Act and community mental health resources
- Experience supervising non-union and unionized employees
- Ability to inspire, lead and motivate teams with proven leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Expertise in a clinical specialty
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Leadership Competencies (Building relationships, managing self, living our values and driving team performance)
Why Work For Us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Homewood Health Centre is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Please apply directly to our website: www.homewoodhealth.com
We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.