Psych Associate – Homewood Health
Psych Associate – AMS
Homewood Health™ is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada’s largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
We are hiring a Full-time Psych Associate to join our Addictions Medicine Services unit for the Homewood Health Centre in Guelph and are looking for you. You’re a great fit, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about innovation, foster collaboration, and are committed to service excellence.
Hours of work: Full Time (70 Hours Bi-Weekly)
What the job entails:
- Facilitate psychotherapy groups for individuals struggling with co-occurring addiction and PTSD
- Lead psychoeducational groups for individuals with co-occurring depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Administer, score and interpret psychometric measures, prepare written reports and communicate findings to treatment teams and to patients
- Assist patients with discharge planning, including referrals to outpatient aftercare
- Participate in quality improvement and research projects
What we are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario
- Demonstrated skill in psychological assessment/psychodiagnostics
- Experience working with individuals with Addictions and PTSD
- Effective computer skills
- Evidence of good work and attendance record
- Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s values (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity)
- Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health & Safety Standards
Why Work For Us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Homewood Health Centre is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Please apply directly to our website: www.homewoodhealth.com
We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.