Psychological Associate or Psychologist
This is a full-time permanent position beginning immediately. The successful candidate will be currently registered as a Psychological Associate who holds a certificate authorizing autonomous practice with the College of Psychologists of Ontario or be currently registered as a Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Learning Services: Specialized Services, the Manager of Psychological Services is responsible for the development and delivery of psychological services for students in accordance with the Board’s strategic directions and priorities, ethical standards and regulatory practices. Using highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, the successful candidate will assess programs and services to ensure alignment with system and department objectives, strategically deploy staff and resources, and implement effective leadership and supervision of a team of psychoeducational consultants. The successful candidate will join a Specialized Services Leadership multi-disciplinary team to plan and implement related system, community and provincial Special Education initiatives and services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the design and delivery of psychological services and supports based on best clinical practices and in alignment with the Board’s strategic directions and priorities
- Assess, develop, modify and implement system-wide psychological services to support system objectives and student achievement
- Direct and allocate services including psychological assessments, psychological consultation, and other clinical support, to school locations
- Supervise and monitor the performance of Psychological Services staff and provide clinical supervision, case consultation and mentoring
- Liaise with various professional and clinical resources both within and external to the Board to ensure students have access to required resources
- Facilitate and develop connections with community and provincial partners
- Implement and monitor service orientation models to develop and support the capacity of school staffs to meet student needs
- Collaborate with the Specialized Services Leadership team as well as other department staff and system leaders to inform multi-disciplinary planning and implementation of the Board’s priorities
- Current registration as a Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario; or Psychological Associate who holds a certificate of registration authorizing autonomous practice with the College of Psychologists of Ontario in the practice area of School Psychology, with scope of practice including children and adolescents required
- Minimum five years of related experience in assessment, consultation and intervention in schools required; experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of current research and evidence-based practice and interventions to address learning, developmental, behavioural and mental health needs of children and adolescents required
- Leadership capabilities in planning and implementation science, collaborative decision-making and team building required
- Comprehensive knowledge of current research and evidence-based practices related to child and adolescent psychology required
- Demonstration of the leadership skills outlined in the Ontario Leadership Framework including strategic planning, collaborative decision-making, monitoring implementation of initiatives, and systems thinking required
Deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m. on Monday, September 16, 2019.
Interviews will be scheduled during the week of September 23 to 27, 2019.
Please apply to: Melanie Kivell, Human Resources Staffing Officer
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board
20 Education Court, P.O. Box 2558
Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3L1
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is committed to equity in employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Board is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.