Who is JVS Toronto?
JVS Toronto believes that every individual has opportunities for employment. Since 1947, JVS Toronto has been giving the power of employment and improved learning serving 10,000 new individuals annually through career, employment, and assessment services in Toronto and York Region. We also help businesses recruit the workforce they need to be successful. JVS Toronto is a registered charity and receives generous funding to provide most of our services without charge. Visit www.jvstoronto.org.
The Psychological Services Department provides assessments, intervention and consulting services to children, youth and adults.
Psychologist / Psychological Associate
Casual / 1 year Full- or Part-time contract / Starting ASAP / Dufferin & Lawrence
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Supervise unregistered Psychoeducational Consultants (may be a requirement of this role)
- Conduct and/or supervise psycho-diagnostic/educational assessments (for those who are on a registration path to meet requirements with the College of Psychologists of Ontario) in our clinic in Toronto and across existing contracts
- Prepare comprehensive reports and provide feedback to referring agencies, schools, individuals assessed (or their guardians) and others
- Maintain records, clinical notes, files, statistics and program details as necessary
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Psychology, or evaluated as the equivalency of a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from a Canadian university
- Currently registered with The College of Psychologists of Ontario with declared areas of competency in school/clinical/ or both
- Experience conducting psycho-diagnostic/educational assessments with children, adolescents and adults
- Ability to develop a treatment plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Well-developed clinical and team skills
- You are a committed professional with a strong sense of ethics, values and fairness
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Proven supervisory skills
- Proven psychotherapeutic skills
What JVS Toronto Offers You:
- Health & Dental Benefits
- A paid vacation allowance
- Fulfilling career opportunity where you can drive results and make a difference
- Established team and management support to integrate you into your new position
- Opportunity to collaborate with counterparts across the agency to increase success
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted only through the above e-mail address.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.